This review is going to be focusing on the 2015 Nissan Altima. This family sedan is poised to become one of the top choices for 2015 if you are looking for a sedan that’s both great at saving fuel and delivering a superior driving experience.
|Engine||3.5 V6 (270 Hp)|
|Maximum speed||235 km/h|
|Fuel tank volume||76 l|
New Nissan Altima pros
The car has the following advantages:
- Safety is a top priority for this car as it had a good crash test score
- Great acceleration and fuel consumption regardless of the engine used
- The car’s ultimate balance is uniform and offers a smooth ride
- Technology can be a bit overwhelming for people and thankfully the electronics inside this sedan are very easy to learn and use
- The quality of the cabin is of a superior standard
- The price of this car is priced between USD$23, 000 and 40, 000 depending on the model.
Nissan Altima cons
The following are the downside aspects of the Nissan Altima:
- Don’t expect a lot of space inside the cabin, you will feel comfortable, but longer distances can prove a challenge in the legroom department
- The noise level inside the cabin is higher because of the 4 cylinder engine
Specs and Modifications
The 2015 Nissan Altima comes in two main models with different engines. Either you go for the 2.5 configuration or you go for the 3.5 configuration. 2.5 means 2.5 Liter 4 cylinder and 3.5 refers to the 3.5 liter V6 engine. The first version of the lot bears a 3.5 SV engine and 3.5 SL engines. Both models offer an extensive tech coverage package that comprises touch screen navigation and safety systems. These packages come optional in the lower models the 2.5 SV and 2.5 SL. The 3.5SL trim currently bears front and back parking sensors as part and parcel of the standard vehicle.
Competition for the Nissan Altima comes in the form of the Honda Accord which is more spacious than the Altima. Another tough competitor to look out for is the 2015 Ford Fusion which admittedly has more of an edge over the Altima as can be seen in pictures. The Mazda 6 2015 edition isn’t so bad either. So it is against this background that the 2015 Nissan Altima rides in to the show.
The 2.5 Altima has 16 inch wheels made of steel and is fully equipped with a train load of accessories such as a 4.3 inch LCD display, a 4 speaker audio system, driver adjustable seat, Bluetooth connectivity and a CD player. As the trim levels increase so to do the specs. The 2.5 S boasts keyless start of the car and access to the car, cruise control, a 6 speaker audio system, a 5 inch touchscreen, back view camera, satellite radio and access to NissanConnect via smartphone integration.
The powertrains for these models are unique and different. The 2.5 models with the 4 cylinder engine draw 182 horsepower and a turnaround torque of 180 lb-ft. If you wish to know the acceleration time from 0 – 60 mph it is a cool 7.8 seconds for this 2.5 configuration. For the 3.5 V6 models on the other hand, expect 270 worth of hp and as much as 251 lb-ft torque. From 0 to 60mph it takes this V6 engine a record 6.2 seconds.