To review Mazda MX 5 IV may not be as much of a delight as driving it, but it sure is like that movie you can’t wait to watch. The body from KODO design and the breathtaking external features make this roadster both a treat for the eyes and a perfect thrill machine. The latest generation of the Mazda MX5 used technology to ensure maximum safety for the driver and passenger. The responsiveness of Mazda MX5, typical for entire line of two-seater cabrio in this model, absolutized – compliant electronics respond immediately to any action and movement of the driver, allowing control to make as comfortable as possible. Now let’s take a look at the specifications.
|Type||I-4 2.0 litres|
|Power||155 hp @ 6,000 rpm (116 kW)|
|Torque||148 lb·ft @ 4,100 rpm (201 N·m)|
|Power to weight ratio||109.2 W/kg|
Review Mazda MX 5 IV: Specifications
The Mazda MX 5 IV has under its bonnet a 2 liter 16 valve 4 cylinder engine with VVT. This four banger sends 167hp for manual and 158 hp for automatic transitions. The smooth turns you would make with it initiate a smile in your face, all thanks to a torque of 140 lb/ft at 5000 rpm. The multiport fuel injection system which is electrically controlled, the 17 inch gunmetal alloy wheels, and the MZD connect feature do make you feel like a boss, especially when you drive it.
The SkyActiv and the MZD Connect are the key features of any Mazda and are of course enhanced in this roadster star too. With the MZD connect, you can do the following:
- Make and receive calls, and send texts without touching your phone
- Connect to your social networking sites and operate on voice for the same
- Use it as a navigator for your destination
- Everything else that the stereo Uncle Sam had could do without all the fuss of keys; only this one is more sophisticated
The SkyActiv technology also drives this lady a long way deep into an owner’s or a driver’s heart. The features of the same include:
- i-stop: No offence Mr. Steve Jobs, but this one comes from another set of minds and works on an immediate restart to save fuel by optimized piston positioning. To review Mazda MX 5 IV and not mentioning this is a sin.
- Body: A lightweight and ultra strong body enhances fuel efficiency and assures crash protection.
- Engine: These engines have low carbon dioxide emissions and impeccably economical fuel consumptions that tend to be the owner’s loyal companion.
The idea of taking run from 0 to 60 mph in 6.5 seconds and having 130 mph as a top speed does give any driver an adrenaline rush to get his hands on this machine. However, that would turn into a huge confusion once you start choosing your favorite color out of soul red premium metallic, jet black mica, sunflower yellow, dynamic blue mica, meteor gray mica, and snowflake white pearl mica. The review Mazda MX 5 IV deserves should be a little lengthier.
But, after going through this, you may want to review Mazda MX 5 IV by yourself by either going for a test drive or making it yours for a price of $23970, $26905 or $27550 for sport club or grand touring respectively.